Wednesday, March 31, 2010

When did I lose my rhythm?


Hey Pooka Family! Well I finally made the commitment to get back into a workout routine. It's been a year since having Taiye, so I knew if I put it off any longer I'd wind up getting complacent and that's when the pounds would start piling on. So tonight I went to the gym in Montclair and I took a class call Hip-Hop Funk. I figured this would be pretty easy, I mean hey, me in the girls used to go to the clubs and get our swerve on. Plus, I'm Black, Hip-Hop is in my genes, right? The instructor came in and announced that we would be doing the routine to Janet Jackson's Velvet rope. Okay, I can keep up with that, I love Janet. Well, let me tell you..I was the most un-rhythmic person in that class! She put that music on and started giving us the count 5-4-3-2-1 and the whole class performed like they were part of the video! They were swerving and stepping and worming and what was I doing? I think it was the okey-doke! At one point, I found myself scooting behind this little Jewish lady trying to follow her lead with the steps. I couldn't believe that I (one of 3 Sistas in the class) was in the bottom percentile of getting the routine. At what age did I lose all my rhythm? I used to be the bomb on the dance floor! Well I don't know when I lost it but I need to get back into the groove of it. I don't want Taiye thinking that her mom is a cornball. I'm going stick with that class until I get all of the moves! Soon you'll be checking for me on the videos!

No comments:

Post a Comment