As many of you may or may not know today is Earth Day!! Yay!!!
Now, what does that mean you might ask? Earth Day is a day to appreciate our earth!
We’ve got to start taking better care of our planet so we have something to leave our little ones and we need to start enjoying the great outdoors! The best thing you can do today is GO OUTSIDE!!! Enjoy nature, if you see some trash on the street, pick it up!(okay, use some latex gloves, yuck!) I challenge you to get started enjoying our planet! Below are some tips from the Nature Conservatory:
1. EXPLORE NATURE NEAR YOU.
2. FIND KID-FRIENDLY ADVENTURES. A trip to the zoo, playground or beach is way more
exciting than video games.
3. PLAN A PERFECT DATE NIGHT. Treat your special someone to a picnic in the park, an
outdoor concert, or some simple stargazing.
4. EAT HEALTHY, LIVE GREEN. With a backyard vegetable garden, you can eat well, save
money and help the environment.
5. ENJOY NATURE FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE. Warm weather is perfect for kayaking,
canoeing or white water rafting.
6. DON’T FORGET FIDO. Walks outside are great exercise for you and your pet.
7. START A HEALTHY COMPETITION. Trade in office happy hour for kickball, flag
football or paintball challenges.
8. DE-STRESS FROM THE DAILY GRIND. Unwind from the 9-to-5 with bird watching, hiking
or sleeping under the stars.
9. GET FIT, HAVE FUN. Shake up your gym routine and shape up with jogging, walking,
hiking or biking.