Monday, May 19, 2008

Long Live The Divas!!


I recently had a birthday (May 2nd happy birthday to me!) and I have decided among other things to make it my mission to enjoy my life as much as possible. So when a friend of mine told me that she had an extra ticket to go see Divas with a Heart, I JUMPED on it! I mean where else, or when would I EVER be able to see four of my favorite women singing my all time favorite songs live and in person! It was like a dream come true... we had excellent seats; good company and the drinks were flowing!

I sat on the edge of my seat as Ms.Gladys took the stage; she looked beautiful and sounded wonderful. She sang most of her classics like "Midnight Train to Georgia", "I Got To Use My Imagination", "'Neither One of Us Wants To Be The First To Say Goodbye" and the audience sang right along with her!

Then it was Chaka's turn, Chaka Kahn... Chaka Kahn... let me love you Chaka Kahn... she rocked the house and sang her heart out, "To Sir With Love" " I'm Every Woman," "Though The Fire"... everybody was on their feet!

Next was Ms. Patti... say my name Patti, Patti, with her six inch heels and banging coat she tore the stage up! Kicking off her shoes, rolling all over the floor as she sang "Somebody Loves Ya Baby", "Over The Rainbow", "If Only You Knew", then Nona Hendyx and Sarah Dash came out and they sang "Lady Marmalade". They tore the house apart!

Then the Boss came on, she walked down the aisle to the stage singing, "I'm Coming Out" and the place went wild! I gotta give it to Diana she still looks and sounds great, she ran from one end of the stage to the next singing "Stop In The Name Of Love, "Endless Love", Ain't No Mountain High Enough". It was just fabulous!

Of course, there were many more songs that we would have all loved to hear, but the concert had to come to an end sometime! All in all it was a great time and I think everyone had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment