Thursday, September 2, 2010

Technology Rocks!


Greetings Pooka Family! Hope everyone is enjoying summer as it seems to be coming to a close. Well we can’t say it wasn’t hot! I am almost looking forward to fall (a little bit!) which is so not like me. Looking forward to sweaters and boots, cooking Sunday dinner in my oven, starting my intense winter work out (ok so maybe if I write it, it will be!!) and snuggling on the couch to watch tv. Now it is possible that I am feeling this way because of something new we just installed in our house. We just connected a DVR!!! Welcome to the 90s people!! I know that this is no big deal for most of you who have had a DVR forever. This is a big deal for me. My Pooka sisters make fun of me all the time for my lack of interest in technology. This is an even bigger joke because I work in IT!! I am a foodie not a techie. Now the DVR is completely simple and does not require that I get a certification to use it. The concept of it though is so fabulous. I will never miss another TV show. Did I mention how fabulous that is? There are never enough hours in my day just like anyone else’s. Sometimes in those hours all I want to do is take a nap. Now I can take a nap and watch that show whenever I feel like it. I can tape my cooking shows! I can tape those shows that I pretend not to watch like the Kardashians. I can record while in the middle of watching a show. The DVR will also let me pause while watching live tv. (Thanks for that tip Nyika!!) Fabulous. I can fit this into my schedule and not the other way around. Just another tool to help make life simple and that Pooka family is truly fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment