Monday, January 28, 2008

A New Play On Broadway!


Hey Pooka Family!

I'm so excited about a new play premiering on Broadway! It's Cat on a Hot Tin Roof! When my husband showed me the advertisement in the NYT three weeks ago I immediately got online to purchase my tickets! Have you guys checked out the cast? James Earl Jones, Phylicia Rashad, Anika Noni Rose and Terrence Howard!!!! You know Terrence is going to be fierce in that role! Just remember his portrayal of one of the friends in the Best Man. Remember that scene when he got drunk at the bachelor party and told it "like it was"? I can't wait to see him in the role of Brick in this play.

James Earl Jones is playing the role as Big Daddy!!! I remember when my parents took me to see August Wilson's play Fences in Philadelphia. To me, he just epitomizes the strong Black Patriarch of a family. Lest I not forget Phylicia Rashad! Claire Huxtable has been my idol since day one! And I can't wait to see Anika in this Broadway role.

With Debbie Allen directing it this play, you know it's gonna be hot. Check it out Family! I'll be there on March 23rd. Hope to see you guys there too!

Peace & Blessings,


Tricia Akinwande

No comments:

Post a Comment