Friday, January 11, 2008

Going (Light) Green


Hey everybody! Is it me or is it time for flip flops and shorts again!? I have to admit although I'm enjoying this break in winter, I'm a little worried. Will I be wearing my snow boots in July? I've been reading a lot about "Going Green" and little things we can do to help the environment. I never used to worry about this kind of stuff, but after reading what we're doing to the planet and how it affects me, oops I mean us (cheese!), I figure it's time to get on board.

I've decided to try to "Go Green" (alright, very light green, LOL) in baby steps. I'm going to start doing some little things that make a big difference... turn off lights I'm not using, walk a little more (okay, drive a little less), turn off the water when I'm putting in my contact lenses, recycle whatever I can. I'm also going to try bringing my own bags to the supermarket (did you know Whole Foods will take some change off of your order if you bring your own bag!).

Of course, we are already trying to doing our part at Pooka by using natural ingredients and we're looking into a recycling program for our bottles and tins, but I think we're going to take it farther. Maybe go all organic or offer recycled totes... still figuring that out. So stay tuned and I will let you know how I'm making out with my quest to go very light green!

I've attached a link that tells you exactly what going green is and how we can start, let me know how you make out! http://earth911.org/climate-change/

No comments:

Post a Comment