Thursday, August 28, 2014

Drill Sergeant Duties!

While doing some research at work the other day I ran across this description of a Drill Sergeant As I sat reading it, I was stunned that it mirrored my life and probably the lives of almost every mother in the world. P.S. You can add your own examples!

" A Drill Sergeant is a symbol of excellence in initial entry training: Meaning as your mother I've been through all of this so you should  really listen to my advice!
Is an expert in all warrior tasks: Tie the top of the garbage bag when you take it out so you don't spill it. 
Battle drills: This is what you do, when confronted by _______________(fill in the blank)
 Lives the Army values: Just because Tommy's mother lets him do that, doesn't mean I'm going to let you do that.
Exemplifies the Warrior Ethos: I will always place the mission first, I will always do whats best for our family.
I will never accept defeat: You can pass this class, I will give/get you the help you need.
I will never quit: I will never give up on YOU.
I will never leave a fallen comrade: I will never leave you.
and most importantly is the epitome of the Army as a profession." This is the most important job I will ever have in my life so I will do my best to get it right.

 As a drill sergeant you are responsible for coaching, counseling and mentoring  troops as you transform them from civilians to combat ready soldiers. As a mother you are responsible for coaching, counseling and mentoring your children as you transform them into responsible adults. What you do will impact them for the rest of their lives. 



No comments:

Post a Comment