Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Little Things


My birthday was this past monday and I have to say that my boys are really growing up! They came into my room in the morning with shouts of Happy Birthday as they threw themselves on me. They then handed me toys from their room that they had "bought" or fme. I, of course, thanked them and kissed them and told them how much I loved them and their gifts. It took me back to when I was younger and I didn't have anything to give my parents but my love and the wish to make their birthday as great as they made mine! Drawing a picture, singing a song, baking a cake for them, were all things I hoped they enjoyed. Parent's aren't looking for presents they are looking for your love. So the next birthday, holiday or any day that you can, show someone how much you care about them by making them something from the heart. Those presents and your presence in their lives are priceless! Happy Mothers Day (which is everyday) to all women who have ever helped a child in anyway! Be it a teacher, auntie, school bus driver, doctor, lunch aid, secretary,neighbor, you name it, Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment