Thursday, June 10, 2010

Becoming a healthier me - Part II


Hey Pooka Family! So it's been about a month since I challenged myself to reduce my "white" intake and loose 10 inches of belly fat. I have to say, this is no easy challenge! My favorite foods include white rice as their staple i.e. sushi (love those spicy tuna hand rolls), Chinese food (PF Chang's is my favorite), Spanish food (arroz con pollo is my family's favorite dish that I cook)! Nevertheless, I did make some strides towards my goal. Instead of cooking arroz con pollo 5 times a week, I reduced it to 3 times. Also, it's been about a month since we've been to PF Chang's (although now I've seen commercials that they are selling their entrees in the grocery stores). No worries there, I like the experience of going to the restaurant..one less day I have to cook. But I have been keeping up with my exercise. Dawn joined the gym with me and now we take Hip-Hop class 2-3 times a week. So although I have not reached my goal of getting my waist to 31.5" by May 31st my determination still continues! I am going to reach that number! I am happy to say that I am getting close. I measured my waist this morning and I am at...(drum roll please)..38.5" I've lost 3" of belly fat off my waist! I am very proud of myself. I still have a ways to go but I know if I commit myself a little more this month, then I know I will see even more of a reduction! So stick with me Seania, I know we can do it. Anyone else out there up for the challenge? It's more fun when we work towards our goals together! Be inspired to be a healthier you!

No comments:

Post a Comment