Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow Day?!


Over the weekend a big storm was predicted, 8 inches of snow! This was on Sat. and Pooka was open, at about noon the snow started coming down and Tricia had a great idea to have a Pooka snow day! Donna, was going to her co-op for some cleaning or better known as her summer home, so she said we could all come over there. I was in charge of getting the videos, Tricia went to Whole Foods to get some food, Donna was getting all the snacks and April should have been giving the boys benadryl so they could calm down (just kidding April!) We all met at Donna’s place at about 3 and set the kids up in her bedroom with their snacks and videos, while we/Tricia started cooking. Now let me say that Donna is trying to rent her summer home/apt, but it’s hard to do that when it’s still filled with your stuff! So Donna starts cleaning and proceeds to make us all take stuff home, she made piles for everyone! I got a porcelain horse, mismatched dishes, old candles and a bunch of other stuff that I didn’t want or need, but when I looked around my pile was a lot better than what the rest of the girls got so I shut up! Now I’m also looking out the window and the snow has stopped, maybe I could make it home and no one would notice! The kids came in and I asked Wesley, “what’s up?” and as he grabbed some popcorn off the table and went back to watch Horton Hears a Who, he said, “the ceiling” ahhh…. My auntie dawn magic is fading. Tricia made the dinner and when we sat down to what I thought would be burgers and fries, she lays out steamed mussels, shrimp, crab legs, honey chicken and salad!!! I will never miss a snow day at Tricias! Well we ate until we were sick and then went over to Donna’s snack table which was filled with every snack imaginable (including some sugar free for me) and started to watch our movies until we passed out. Now here’s how I sum up the snow day.
1. It barely snowed! I think the weather stations have a deal with farmers and grocers to call a snow day at least 3 times each winter to make us run to the store and pack our refrigerators like the world is coming to an end.

2. We collectively spent over $130 on our snow day in a recession!!!!

3. I now have a bag of wooden monkeys, porcelain horses and mismatched dishes for life!(these items will be on sale at Pooka!)

4. If you are going to have a snow day with men make sure they are older than 3 and 7

5. Never eat steamed mussels and kettle corn, they don’t mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment