Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Kids today have it sooooooo easy!!!!



My sister-in-law sent me an e-mail about today kids and I want to share some of that and my own observations.....When I was a kid, my parents used to bore me to tears with their tedious diatribes about how hard things were when they were growing up! Yah know walking to school for 25 miles uphill both ways! Not having enough food to eat or clothes to wear! It made them tough and MY generation was soft compared to theirs. I remember promising myself that when I grew up, I was not going to lay that bunch of crap on my kids..................................well
ALL OF THAT IS OVER NOW!!!! Kids today have it sooooooo easy!!!!

First of all if we wanted to know something, we had to ask someone who was a lot older than us (even then we may not get the right answer! ) or go to the library and look it up ourselves!!!!!! THERE WAS NO INTERNET!!!!!!!

If we wanted to write to someone we had to write a letter (bad handwriting and all!!!) then find a stamp, find a mailbox or take it to the post office. THERE WAS NO E-MAIL

If we wanted to steal songs, we had to have a radio with a tape player so we could record them,(but of course the dj would be talking all over the record or your little brother would come into the room screaming, thanks Scott!) or go to the record store and steal the record yourself. THERE WERE NO MP3'S OR NAPSTERS!!!!!!

You couldn't get phone calls because somebody important might be trying to call your family and your tying up the line!
THERE WAS NO CALL WAITING!!!!

Plus you didn't know who was calling you, it could be your teacher, calling your parents to tell them how bad you did on that test in school today! THERE WAS NO CALLER ID!!!!!!

You were the remote control, if your parents or older siblings wanted the channel changed on the T.V. and then you had to stand there and keep changing untill somebody picked something!!! THERE WAS NO REMOTE CONTROL!!!!!!

Cartoons -ONLY ON SATURDAYS AFTER DOING ALL OF YOUR HOUSE WORK

This list can go on and on send me things that you want to add!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment