Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Day To Remember

Well, I am overwhelmed today! Today is the day that we have our FIRST African American nominated for the Presidency! This is a monumental time for all of us. A time to be proud, a time to be inspired and a time to just be thankful. I feel like this is what Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, even Kunta have been waiting for!

Let's make sure that we take the time to talk to each other and our youth about what has happened today. I believe this could start to change our society. I know there are naysayers who say "He won't win" or "What will he actually be able to accomplish?" but today I'm not worried about that, I'm just enjoying the fact that he is there! As I watched his speech last night, before he started he hugged and kissed his wife and then very quickly they tapped knuckles!!! I love them!!!! THEY TAPPED KNUCKLES! I'm going to be doing that all day! In honor of our nominee it's just fitting that we run Wesley's video again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment