Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Butler


Morning Pooka Family!  Hope everyone is enjoying these last few weeks of summer because fall is right around the corner!  So... we went to see The Butler yesterday.  Everyone has been saying how great a movie it is and I agree it is but I have to say that 2 minutes into the movie I was ready to walk out!  Dawn had to hold me back in my seat!  I won't give anything away to those who haven't seen it yet so I'll only say this.it was too soon after the Trayvon verdict for me to see this movie.  I still have a lot of anger inside of me and although the movie did come full circle from a race relations perspective (well, maybe not quite 360°) as you all know, we still have a long way to go in real life.  But family, I'll leave it at that.  Please go see the movie. Support our Black directors and actors and continue to fight for justice and educate your fellow White Americans because no matter how many Oprahs, Baracks, and Michael Jordans there are in this world, they still don't get it!   

Justice for Trayvon!!!!!
PS.pay attention to how many Black film trailers you see before the movie.  I wonder if they play those same trailers for Tom Hank's movies?  Hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment