Thursday, August 9, 2012

Goodbye Roid!

Greetings Family!! I have missed you! I have been out of commission for a few weeks. I think you all remember the issues I have experienced as a result of fibroids or roids as Dawn has come to call them! I had surgery in the past but as most roid sufferers know....they in most cases grow back. I procrastinated for sometime and just accepted not feeling well. I experienced pain and bloating, cramps and just a lot of discomfort during my cycle. In addition though I was fatigued and often had breathing issues not realizing it was related to fibroids! I finally went ahead an had a very large Roid removed. God is good family!! When the doctor opened me she said she didn't know how I was walking, breathing and was able to function as long as I did! The Roid had spread everywhere pushing the organs up into my chest which was why I had breathing difficulty. It also had pushed into my bladder as well. The fibroid weighed five pounds in total! Five pounds! Every time I think about that I am thankful for Gods grace family! I am still recovering but almost there! I am lighter, can breath better and have my bikini stomach ready for the beach! So to all my fibroid sisters I am speaking to you. Please don't ignore what your body tells you and please don't think that it is the norm to suffer. Talk to your doctor about the options available to you. There are holistic options, there are different surgery methods available-myomectomy, laparoscopic surgery or even hysterectomy. Research and discuss what is best for you and your body because you don't have to live with the discomfort any longer! Just sharing and hope this helps someone! Now I have no excuse to get back to great physical health. Hmm I wonder if I can sign up for the next summer Olympics! Peace Family

1 comment:

  1. Hi cousin Donna! I am so glad I took time to read your blog! I am visiting my father during these two weeks and plan to stop into the Pooka Shop.
    I am so thankful to hear about your medical victory. We know with the Lord we are healed. Most assuredly His wisdom is imperative as we walk this journey called life. So I praise Him for your total recovery.
    Lv u much....Cuz Beth

    ReplyDelete