Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Out of the Mouth of Babies

Hey Pooka Family! Hope everyone is enjoying the onset of summer! Although this is a little embarrassing, I have to share this with you family. Last week while I was getting Taiye ready for school I told her she had to wear her jeans because it was raining outside so I thought it might be too chilly for her to wear her shorts or a skirt. She turned to me and said, “You’re not wearing your jeans Mommy?” I said yes, you’re right but because Mommy works from home I get to come back home after I drop you off at school then Mommy takes a shower and will put on my jeans. So of course I drop her off then come back home and start working on my computer. As my day progresses like most other days, I take a break to prepare dinner then go back to work but I don’t get a chance to take a shower because on this day I am negotiating a contract that needs to get signed by end of day. When I go to pick Taiye up from school she runs to me and gives me a big hug…then she steps back and looks at me and in front of all her teachers she says, “Mommy you didn’t shower today and put on your jeans!” LOL!! What more could I say, she was right! I looked over at Ms. Dottie and she looked at me and said, “They remember everything!”

No comments:

Post a Comment