Thursday, November 10, 2011

Boooo Walgreens!


Greetings Pooka Family! Welcome to November! If you’ve been following our blogs from the beginning you’ll know that November is the month of my favorite holiday….Thanksgiving!!! But sorry family, I don’t want to talk about that – I need to vent about an incident I encountered at Walgreens.

Last week Taiye’s preschool phoned to tell me that she was wheezing and having problems breathing. I instantly pulled her prescription documents and called in a renewal to our local Walgreens using the touch tone refill procedure then headed directly for the pharmacy to retrieve the prescription. Once I arrived I explained to the pharmacist named ________ (I’ll be kind and leave her name blank) that my daughter’s school called and that she was having breathing problems and I’d just phoned in the prescription for her inhaler. _________ told me that I had to wait at least 30 minutes because she had several orders ahead of mine. Please note: although she may have had several orders pending, there was only one customer sitting in the wait area. I explained to __________ again that my 2 year old daughter is having problems breathing; hence, the urgency of this order. ____________ said to me again that I had to wait until she processed the other orders ahead of mine. In the background another pharmacist heard my plight and passed the inhaler to her but ____________ proceeded to take a phone call and then she proceeded to take care of another customer who had subsequently walked in. Needless to say, I was extremely upset and began to feel enraged. At that moment my phone rang, it was Taiye’s school again and the Director informed me that she is throwing up now. _________ overheard my conversation and with that she decided to take action and process my order.
Why do we have to go through situations like this family? I was doing my best to be very calm and not reach behind the counter to snatch the living @#$% out of this woman! I have to admit, I came very close to doing so but instead I took her name, paid for Taiye’s prescription and left to get to my baby. Of course, I have written a letter to Walgreens executive offices and will await their response. Regardless of their response, they will not receive my business again! Hello CVS, you have a new customer!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, I have a Walgreens that I use to go to frequently because it's so close to where I live. But I had a very similar experience. Now I go out of my way to get my daughter's prescriptions filled because timely virtuous service is important to me.

    I'm glad you wrote the Walgreen's Executive Offices. I wish I had done the same.

    Booooo to Walgreens. Kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you next visit your daughter's doctor discuss a plan of action for critical situations like this. An inhaler at the school is probably needed. And if your daughter gets into a crisis again, don't hesitate to go to the ER. I am asthmatic and it can feel like I'm smothering during an attack. Asthma is a serious disease and should be taken seriously in that over 50% of asthmatics die during an asthma attack.

    ReplyDelete