Wednesday, November 3, 2010

For Colored Girls


Hey Pooka Family! I hope everyone enjoyed their summer and you are comfortably transitioning into the Fall season. We had a great summer and I still can't believe we are into the last quarter of the year already!

Well, the girls and I are excited and looking forward to seeing "For Colored Girls" this weekend! I remember when we went to see the play years ago at the Schomburg Center in the City. What a moving play! I can't wait to see how Tyler Perry has transformed the play into a movie. The cast is phenomenal (also loving Janet's new haircut; thinking about cutting mine like that)! This is one of those movies where you get your sisters and sisterfriends and go see it together (much like we did for Precious and Why did I get Married). We're planning on catching the matinee on Sunday and doing brunch afterwards to fellowship and talk about the movie. Hope you get a chance to get out and see the movie this weekend too and if you do hit us up on our Facebook page and join our roundtable discussion on your thoughts of the movie.

For those of you in north Jersey..maybe we'll see you at the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment