Thursday, November 11, 2010

Black GIrls Rock!!!


YEAH!!! I am sooo empowered this week! The last couple of days have been filled with inspiration and motivation! Let me tell you, I started out by attending the Essence Women’s Conference, you want to talk about AMAZING, it was an awesome day! If you don’t listen to anything else I say, listen to this, if at all possible attend this conference next year! I”ll give you a quick replay of my day... I arrived and was warmly greeted and given my very cool patent leather tote filled with goodies, I had a beautiful breakfast, and then listened to our welcome from Mikki Taylor from Essence who was followed by Lisa Nichols, best selling co-author of The Secret, Chicken Soup for the African American soul and many more, well all i could say was, YES!!! She was inspiring, she had everyone on their feet screaming yes, Yes! She told us we don’t just say yes, we gotta say it twice! So all day as women passed each other you would hear a yes, Yes! You feelin good?, yes, Yes! Enjoying your day? yes, Yes!! Are you motivated? yes, Yes! After getting us charged up you had your choice of individual sessions, I chose “How to make a million” and it was an awesome panel of dynamic women with real business advice. Then back to the main ballroom where Tamron Hall led a discussion on how to find your power! Then a fabulous lunch where the amazing Judge Hatchett was the key note speaker. I’m running out of adjectives but she was DYNAMIC!! After enjoying our lunch and rousing applause for Judge Hatchett, we were a part of panel discussion with Lauryn Lake, Finesse and others on men, women and relationships, where to find one, how to keep one and what to do when you have a bad one! It was so much fun and the men on the panel told all of the women in the audience that even though we don’t want to hear it most men like a women who can cook!!!(I’m going to live a lonely life, LOL) Once that was done we had more personal sessions and I chose a session on recharging with Lela Ali and Dr. Ian. Both were funny and gave great tips on how to relax and unwind. As our day started winding down we found ourselves back in the main ballroom for a closing message from Iyanla Vanzant! Okay now the ticket was $200 and thank goodness my fabulous family got me one as a gift but this seminar could have easily been $500!!!! 
Keeping up with my wonderful weekend, on sunday the pookalitas and friends went to see For Colored Girls and our review is coming soon but I have to cheat and say I thought it was sooooo good! Later that night I was inspired again watching Black Girls Rock on BET! Well my wonderful weekend made me realize that as BLACK Women we are resilient, fabulous, fierce, beautiful, unique and WE ROCK!!!! 

ps. When I got home and looked in my goodie bag, I found a TSHIRT that I’m gonna wear every day until next years summit, LOL!!


1 comment: