Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back To Work!!!


Hey Pooka Family! Well, it's back to work for me on Monday. I have enjoyed my extended leave at home with Taiye and of course I wouldn't mind staying home a little while longer but you know as well as I that you need a 2-parent home income to live comfortably in these parts of New Jersey. Truth be told, I am sort of looking forward to going back to work. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being a mother but I also enjoy being a career woman. I've always had a strong work ethic (Thanks Grandpa) and I enjoy my job at IBM. As with any employer you have your ups and downs but by in large I am very proud to be an IBMer. I'm proud of our company's position with building a greener, smarter planet. I'm proud of our philanthropic endeavors and our humanitarian contributions. And I'm proud of our CEO. When I saw him at a round table panel discussion with President Obama, a feeling of pride came over me. He is an honest and direct leader who communicates with us frequently on our company goals. This in turn motivates me to work hard in helping to achieve those goals. So Pooka family, today I am excited and looking forward to my first day back at work! Stay tuned to next month to see if I'm still sprouting that optimism

No comments:

Post a Comment