Morning Pooka Family!!! Hope this post finds you in good health and spirit! In exactly 17 days my baby will be 4 yrs old!!!! Can you believe it?! That little girl who was in my belly for nine months, in diapers for 2 ½ yrs, and in my bed for 3 yrs (well she’s still in my bed) LOL! I can’t believe how time has gone by so quickly. Next year she’ll be in kindergarten!!! I can’t take it!!! In honor of her birthday I just want to share some Taiye-isms we’ve enjoyed over her first 3 years and some pix:
- Mommy, I’m being a genius right now (when I asked her what she was doing in my office)
- Mommy, Can I talk to you (in the car after school when one of her friends was mean to her)
- Mommy, I’m having a conversation (when I interrupted her while talking to Auntie Dawn)
- Mommy, This is a little challenging (while she and a playdate were putting together a Dora puzzle)
- Me: Taiye do you know where babies come from? Do you know where you came from? Taiye: Newark, New Jersey
- Me: (while she is playing with my boobie in the bed watching DocMcStuffins) Taiye, you’re going to be 4 yrs old soon. You have to stop playing with Mommy’s boobie. Taiye: Mommy, I’m not 4 today; when I turn 4; I’ll stop.
- Me: (after her first child only swim lesson) Taiye, you were really great in the swimming pool! You weren’t scared? Taiye: No, Mommy, I’m brave!