Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Anniversary


Greetings Pooka Family! Welcome to September! All the kids are back in school, traffic has increased on the GSP and the weather is beginning its transition into those cool nights! This month also marks my 5 year wedding anniversary! YAY!!! I am very proud to have made it to 5 yearsJ! My husband and I, like many couples, have experienced and continue to experience the ups and downs of marriage but I am proud that we are both committed to becoming a strong Black Family! During our anniversary dinner, we reflected on some of the things that we need to be mindful of in order to nourish our relationship with each other. It’s so easy to get caught up in our day-to-day responsibilities i.e. work, Taiye’s needs, grocery shopping, cooking, Pooka responsibilities, business travel, etc., etc., etc. We both acknowledged that we have made very little time for “us” so we’ve committed to put a little more emphasizes on doing so. I hope to never have to utter the D-word and provide a positive image of Black Family for Taiye. My prayer is the same to each of you Pooka Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment