Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Change

Greetings Pooka Family! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer! We’re half way through it already and Mother Nature has definitely made up for that extended winter we had. If anyone is complaining about these 90+ degree temperatures just remind them of that week of snow storms we had in March!

So family, I want to talk to you guys about “The Change”. No, not the change in weather…I’m talking about the change in life. I recently had one of those “ah-ha” moments when I realized that I’ve made the change from that young, single, happening lady to the older, married with child, still happening but not-so-much woman. I guess it came to me when I was reading my email accounts one morning and I received a Groupon or Living Social emails for a 1 day whitewater rafting singles event. I said to myself, “this is something I always wanted to do. I should buy this Groupon/Living Social.” Then I realized, “wait a minute, how am I going to be able to do this and who’s going to do it with me?” I’m not single anymore so I’d have to ask my husband to come with me, but then I would need to find someone to watch Taiye. I could ask the girls if they wanted to do it with me but then thought about this again, no one’s is gonna want to get their hair wet, Donna would look at me like I was crazy and Dawn would say she’s not sure her arms could handle the work of rowing, oh and by the way, who’s gonna watch the store while we’re gone? I guess that’s when I realized that I’m at a stage of my life where those spontaneous events I used to do without a second thought now requires a little more planning. That’s not to say that I have totally given up on doing anything new and exciting. I’ll still think about doing those fun events when I get those emails, I’ll just have to really think it through before I purchase.

1 comment:

  1. New seasons my dear but what a wonderful, rich life you have!!! I love you:) -Hill

    ReplyDelete