Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What a difference a day makes?


I'm sure everyone has been watching the news and has witnessed the tragedy that took place in Japan less than a week ago. It is definitely one of the most mind boggling natural castasophies to have happened in recent years. The shear magnitude of being hit by an earthquake, a tsunami then radiation leak is just an unthinkable event.
My oldest son was watching the news with me and asked me what would we do if that happened to us? How do you answer your child? Of course the first thing that popped into my head was, "Don't worry that won't happen to us, but how many mothers throughout the centuries said the same thing to their children only to have a natural disaster or a person snatch their family away? I'm sure every mother, father, sister, brother, cousin, auntie and uncle in Japan were thinking about the people they love as they struggled to comprehend what was happening to them and their world. When you think about what has happened in Japan then look at your own life, what can you do without, who can you do without? What really matters to you? Don't let it take a tragedy for you to find out.
What we would do, I tell my son as I hug him is what we have always done, we pray and fight with every fiber in our being to stay alive. God bless everyone who was touched by this tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment